IU Herron School of Art and Design
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Herron School of Art and Design has provided instruction in both fine and commercial art since 1902. Founded by the Art Association of Indianapolis as part of the John Herron Art Institute, the school became part of the Indiana University system in 1967 and one of the schools of IUPUI in 1969. The school’s faculty, students, and alumni have won several prestigious awards and gained national recognition for their work. The school was located in buildings at 16th and Pennsylvania Streets...
Overview This collection contains the information compiled by Sara Sanderson for an article based on a diary written by Marguerite Richey in 1928 while in New York City with her husband, Oakley Richey. Oakley Richey was a Herron School of Art graduate and instuctor. The diary was discovered by Sara Sanderson who subsequently researched and wrote an article based on the diary.