Skip to main content

Purdue University. Indianapolis Campus Records

 Collection
Identifier: UA060

Scope and Contents

Records include correspondence, minutes, reports, publications, and other materials.

Dates

  • 1941 - 1976

Creator

Language of Materials

The materials are in English.

Conditions Governing Access

Personnel and student records and other personal information in these records are restricted. All other material is open to the public without restriction.

Conditions Governing Use

Copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.

Extent

13.4 Cubic Feet (13 cartons and 1 document box)

Overview

Purdue University began to offer technical training courses in Indianapolis during World War Two (1939-1945) in cooperation with a federal government program to prepare for wartime industrial production needs. Purdue’s Indianapolis presence continued after the end of the war, at first cooperating with the Indiana University Extension Division in Indianapolis to offer liberal arts and social sciences courses to Purdue students, and later in developing its own general education coursework as well as deepening its engineering and sciences offerings. In the 1950s Purdue acquired property on East 38th Street in Indianapolis and in 1961 opened its new building there housing its Indianapolis Extension operation. With the creation of IUPUI in 1969 the East 38th Street campus continued to serve as a place for science and engineering classes until new buildings were completed downtown on the IUPUI campus.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Accessions: A75-12, A75-24, A80-16, 4bA, 4bFR.

General

Rights Statement: The text of this webpage is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).
Title
Purdue University. Indianapolis Campus Records, 1941-1976
Status
Inventoried
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives Repository

Contact:
IUPUI University Library
755 W. Michigan St.
Room 0133
Indianapolis IN 46202 USA
317-274-4064