Skip to main content

Department of Religious Studies Records

 Collection
Identifier: UA013

Overview

At the time of the formation of IUPUI, there was no departmental organization for the religion courses and faculty; courses were taught by associate faculty from nearby private colleges or IU Bloomington and supervised by the Philosophy Department. Soon, however, the Department of Religious Studies was created under the School of Liberal Arts.

Records include primarily materials from conferences sponsored by the department and materials from faculty member Jan Shipps.

Dates

  • 1831 - 1995

Language of Materials

English

Conditions Governing Access

Personnel and student records and other personal information in these records are restricted. All other material is open to the public without restriction.

Conditions Governing Use

Copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.

Extent

3 Cubic Feet (3 cartons)

Immediate Source of Acquisition

A89-11, A96-38.

General

Rights Statement: The text of this webpage is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).
Title
Department of Religious Studies Records, 1831- 1995
Status
Inventoried
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives Repository

Contact:
IUPUI University Library
755 W. Michigan St.
Room 0133
Indianapolis IN 46202 USA
317-274-4064