Skip to main content

Department of Physical Therapy Records

 Collection
Identifier: UA030

Overview

Physical therapy has long had a presence in the treatment offered in the Indiana University hospitals. In 1956 a bachelor of science program in physical therapy was established under the division of Allied Health in the School of Medicine. Graduate programs in physical therapy were later established. The Department of Physical Therapy is currently under the IU School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.

Records include correspondence, reports, patient files, publications, and other materials.

Dates

  • 1926 - 1990

Language of Materials

English

Conditions Governing Access

Personnel and student records and other personal information in these records are restricted. All other material is open to the public without restriction.

Conditions Governing Use

Copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.

Extent

7.1 Cubic Feet (4 cartons, 7 pamphlet boxes, 1 flat box)

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Accessions: A81-21, A82-12, A94-10, UA-030.

General

Rights Statement: The text of this webpage is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).
Title
Department of Physical Therapy Records, 1926-1990
Status
Inventoried
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives Repository

Contact:
IUPUI University Library
755 W. Michigan St.
Room 0133
Indianapolis IN 46202 USA
317-274-4064