Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents Series I: Minutes of Meetings, 1935-1987. Minutes of the Board of Directors' meetings, Executive Committee meetings, and yearly meetings are included in this series. The minutes contain complete transcripts of the earliest meetings, treasurers' reports, committee reports, and speeches and papers presented by association members.Series II: Giving USA-Annual Reports, 1956-1992. This series contains the annual report entitled Giving USA. The information in the reports include overview...
Overview American City Bureau, a fundraising consulting firm, works with not for profit organizations to design and run fund raising campaigns. Established in 1913 by Edgar and Harold Buttenheim, the company merged with Beaver and Associates in 1963. The firm has worked on capital campaigns on the national and local level. American City Bureau has been instrumental in developing campaigns for organizations such as the Young Men’s Christian Association,(YMCA), the Young Women’s Christian Association,...
Overview The Bill Heim Company provides management and fundraising advice to the leaders of American not-for-profit organizations. The company counsels staff and volunteers at schools, colleges, and universities; historical societies; cultural arts, youth, business, professional, and sports organizations; and foundations. The company's services are used for designing and directing fundraising and membership campaigns, expanding membership, and for program development.The collection...
Overview The Commission on Foundations and Private Philanthropy was formed by John D. Rockefeller, III, in 1969, and chaired by Peter Peterson, to objectively investigate foundations and their role in society. The Peterson Commission, as it was known, was designed to be influenced by neither the government nor the foundations they investigated. An objective appraisal of foundation activities was necessary to give the Commission the credibility it needed to influence Congress' decisions on foundation...
Overview George A. Brakeley, Jr., has been involved in the business of providing counsel to fund raising entities since 1934. In that year, he joined the firm for which his father was Senior Vice-President, the John Price Jones Company, Inc. (JPJ). Brakeley and JPJ developed "Survey, Analysis and Plan" reports for groups seeking to begin a fund raising campaign. In the 1940's, Brakeley began developing a campaign for a Canadian client, McGill University, which led to the creation of John Price Jones...
Overview John J. Schwartz, fund raising executive and author, worked hard to assist in the development of standards and ethics for fund-raising professionals and to influence legislation on the national and state level. During his 41 active years in the field, Schwartz was employed by various philanthropic organizations including John Price Jones, Inc., Fund Raising for Traveler Aid Society of New York, Development for the Community Service Society, G.A. Brakeley & Co., the American Cancer Society,...
Overview Maurice Gilbert Gurin (1911-1990), was nearly 50 years old in 1959 when he made the career change from public relations to fund raising. Gurin incorporated new and innovative fund raising methods with more traditional techniques and in only 12 years rose from free-lancer fund raising to president of a fund raising firm with offices in New York, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. He continued over the next 30 years to seek creative new answers to old questions, using imaginative new approaches to...
Scope and Contents The World Fundraising Council reccords include meeting minutes, committee records, publications, and correspondence, much of it from its time on the IUPUI campus. While routine correspondence and invoices were discarded, several publications relating to member organizations have been retained.
- Names: American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel X
- Fund raising consultants -- United States 4
- Fund raisers (Persons) -- United States 3
- Fund raising -- United States 3
- Fund raisers (Persons) -- United States -- History 2
- Fund raising -- United States -- History 2
- Nonprofit organizations -- Finance 2
- Philanthropy -- United States 2
- Arts -- New York (State) -- Societies, Etc. -- Finance 1
- Blindness -- Prevention -- Societies, Etc. -- Finance 1
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations -- United States 1
- Community development -- United States -- History 1
- Educational fund raising 1
- Endowments -- United States 1
- Fund raisers (Persons) -- Canada 1
- Fund raising 1
- Fund raising -- Canada 1
- Fund raising consultants -- United States -- Societies, etc. 1
- Fundraisers (Persons) 1
- Learned institutions and societies -- New York (State) -- Finance 1
- Non-governmental organizations 1
- Professional associations -- United States 1
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations 1
- Voluntary health agencies--United States -- Finance 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work 1 ∧ less