Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview This women’s organization was founded by the Socialer Turnverein (Social Athletic Club) in 1876 as the Indianapolis Turn-Schwestern Verein. It was initially intended to support the activities of the Turnverein, and especially to promote and oversee the girls’ athletic classes, and to help enlarge and preserve the Turner library. Within a few years the Turn Sisters became known as the Damenverein (Women’s Club) des Socialer Turnverein and began to undertake broader responsibilities in the...
Found in: German-American Archives
- Names: Athenaeum Turners Women's Auxiliary X