Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) was founded in 1971 by David Horton Smith and Bill Ready as the Association for Voluntary Action Scholars (AVAS). Their vision was to create an independent and impartial forum for researchers in the fledgling field of voluntary action and citizen participation. Major activities have included an annual conference and the publication of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly (NVSQ), formerly the Journal of...
Overview John J. Schwartz, fund raising executive and author, worked hard to assist in the development of standards and ethics for fund-raising professionals and to influence legislation on the national and state level. During his 41 active years in the field, Schwartz was employed by various philanthropic organizations including John Price Jones, Inc., Fund Raising for Traveler Aid Society of New York, Development for the Community Service Society, G.A. Brakeley & Co., the American Cancer Society,...
Overview Working in higher education and philanthropy, Merrimon Cuninggim gained national recognition in both fields. His early career was as a professor at various colleges and in 1951 he became Dean of the Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. He remained there until 1960 when he accepted the position of Executive Director/President of the Danforth Foundation in St. Louis, Missouri, where he remained until 1972. From 1973 to 1975 he worked as an...
Overview Waldemar A. Nielsen (1917-2005) was widely recognized for his expertise in and analysis of charitable foundations. Nielsen worked in government and the nonprofit sector before establishing a consulting agency, Waldemar A. Nielsen, Incorporated, which focused on corporate social policy. Nielsen is best known for his writing on the biggest foundations within the American philanthropic world. Through publications like The Big Foundations (1972) and The Golden Donors (1985), Nielsen examined the...
- Names: Ford Foundation X
- Business consultants -- United States 1
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations -- New York (State) 1
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations -- United States 1
- Fund raisers (Persons) -- United States -- History 1
- Fund raising consultants -- United States 1
- Nonprofit organizations -- Research 1
- Philanthropists -- United States 1
- Philanthropy -- United States 1
- Philanthropy -- United States -- Historiography 1
- Professional associations -- United States 1
- United States. Congress -- Committees 1
- Universities and colleges--Administration 1
- Voluntarism -- Research 1 ∧ less