Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The Bruner Foundation was founded in 1963 using funds donated by Rudy and Martha Bruner. The foundation began with the purpose of aiding programs in health care and preventive medicine, and programs focused on Jewish concerns. Since the 1980s, the Bruner Foundation has broadened its purpose to include educational programs, evaluation of grant programs, and urban renovation. Today, the main activity of the foundation is the Rudy Bruner Award for Excellence in the Urban Environment, given...
Overview The Commission on Foundations and Private Philanthropy was formed by John D. Rockefeller, III, in 1969, and chaired by Peter Peterson, to objectively investigate foundations and their role in society. The Peterson Commission, as it was known, was designed to be influenced by neither the government nor the foundations they investigated. An objective appraisal of foundation activities was necessary to give the Commission the credibility it needed to influence Congress' decisions on foundation...
Overview ndependent Sector (IS) was founded in 1980 as a coalition of corporate, foundation and voluntary organizations for the purpose of encouraging charitable giving, volunteering and nonprofit activities in the United States. Its mission is to promote, strengthen, and advance the nonprofit and philanthropic community to foster private initiative for the public good. By 2004, the organization maintained a membership of approximately 500 of the nation's leading nonprofit agencies and funders of...
Abstract Women & Philanthropy incorporated in 1977 with the purpose of elevating the status of women as decision makers in philanthropy and increasing the amount of funding for women and girls’ programs. The organization’s research-based advocacy served as the foundation for its agenda. Providing evidence that women were under-represented in a variety of key areas in the field of philanthropy, Women & Philanthropy developed ways to combat the problem and while providing a resource for women in...
- Subject: Endowments -- United States X
- Council on Foundations 3
- Independent Sector (Firm) 2
- American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel 1
- Bruner Foundation 1
- Coalition of National Voluntary Organizations 1
- Commission on Foundations and Private Philanthropy 1
- Filer, John H. 1
- Foundation Center 1
- Gardner, John W., (John William), 1912-2002 1
- Grantmakers Evaluation Network 1
- National Council on Philanthropy 1
- O'Connell, Brian, 1930-2011 1
- Peterson, Peter J. 1
- Rockefeller, John D., (John Davison), III, 1906-1978 1
- Rudy Bruner Award for Excellence 1
- United States. Department of Housing and Urban Development 1
- United States. Office of Management and Budget 1
- Women & Philanthropy 1
- Women and Foundations/Corporate Philanthropy 1 ∧ less