Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Overview American City Bureau, a fundraising consulting firm, works with not for profit organizations to design and run fund raising campaigns. Established in 1913 by Edgar and Harold Buttenheim, the company merged with Beaver and Associates in 1963. The firm has worked on capital campaigns on the national and local level. American City Bureau has been instrumental in developing campaigns for organizations such as the Young Men’s Christian Association,(YMCA), the Young Women’s Christian Association,...
Scope and Contents The records of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Indiana Chapter, contain meeting minutes, awards records, financial statements, publications, and a few photographs.The AFP-IN records are divided into the following series: administrative files, board of directors, committee records, financial records, publications, awards, conference/seminar records, meeting records, and photographs and artifacts. Folders within series are organized alphabetically and then...
Overview The Bill Heim Company provides management and fundraising advice to the leaders of American not-for-profit organizations. The company counsels staff and volunteers at schools, colleges, and universities; historical societies; cultural arts, youth, business, professional, and sports organizations; and foundations. The company's services are used for designing and directing fundraising and membership campaigns, expanding membership, and for program development.The collection...
Overview George A. Brakeley, Jr., has been involved in the business of providing counsel to fund raising entities since 1934. In that year, he joined the firm for which his father was Senior Vice-President, the John Price Jones Company, Inc. (JPJ). Brakeley and JPJ developed "Survey, Analysis and Plan" reports for groups seeking to begin a fund raising campaign. In the 1940's, Brakeley began developing a campaign for a Canadian client, McGill University, which led to the creation of John Price Jones...
Scope and Contents The majority of the Henry A. Rosso Papers relate to his teaching in the Fundraising School. The folders, which contain readings, newspaper clippings, teaching materials, and worksheets, are arranged in alphabetical order by subject, excepting the introduction, glossary, and appendices.The collection also contains some correspondence, primarily related to the publication of his book Rosso on Fundraising, and collections of memos and newsletters from G.A. Brakeley and Brakeley, John...
Overview Hugh N. Brown is a freelance fund-raising consultant and retired high school teacher. He spent the majority of his life teaching during the school year and consulting during summer vacation. His consulting work focused in the fields of education, religion, and health.The collection consists of personal and work papers, 1940-1991, documenting a 50-year career as a consultant in the fundraising profession. Included are the fundraising campaign files outlining the development of a...
Overview John J. Schwartz, fund raising executive and author, worked hard to assist in the development of standards and ethics for fund-raising professionals and to influence legislation on the national and state level. During his 41 active years in the field, Schwartz was employed by various philanthropic organizations including John Price Jones, Inc., Fund Raising for Traveler Aid Society of New York, Development for the Community Service Society, G.A. Brakeley & Co., the American Cancer Society,...
Scope and Contents Series I: Staff Conference Records, 1945-1990.This series includes papers or outline sketches given at the firm's conferences, complete transcripts of the proceedings through the 1960s, and statistical information about the firm correlating with trends in the field. Correspondence, memoranda, and newsclippings are included with sample case studies in the material from the 1980s.Series II: Newsletters.The firm's newsletter Financing Philanthropy, was first...
Overview Maurice Gilbert Gurin (1911-1990), was nearly 50 years old in 1959 when he made the career change from public relations to fund raising. Gurin incorporated new and innovative fund raising methods with more traditional techniques and in only 12 years rose from free-lancer fund raising to president of a fund raising firm with offices in New York, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. He continued over the next 30 years to seek creative new answers to old questions, using imaginative new approaches to...
Overview The Oram Group, Inc. (formerly Harold L. Oram, Inc.) was founded in 1939 as a fund raising and public relations consulting firm specializing in liberal social causes. Early clients of the Oram Group addressed social and political issues including human and civil rights, the environment, nuclear weapons, and refugee relief. Today the Oram Group, Inc. continues to serve the non-profit organization in the areas of religion, social action, health, civil rights, the environment, and performing arts.
- Subject: Fund raisers (Persons) -- United States X
- American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel 5
- National Society of Fund Raising Executives 4
- Brakeley, John Price Jones, Inc. 3
- Brakeley, George A. 2
- Frantzreb, Arthur C. 2
- Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy 2
- MEDICO (Organization) 2
- Rosso, Henry A., 1917- 2
- Schwartz, John J., 1919- 2
- American Cancer Society 1
- American City Bureau 1
- American Research Hospital in Poland (Kraków, Poland) 1
- Association of Fundraising Professionals 1
- Association of Fundraising Professionals. Indiana Chapter 1
- Beaver and Associates 1
- Beaver, Howard T. 1
- Brown, Hugh N. 1
- Buttenheim, Edgar 1
- Buttenheim, Harold S., 1876-1961 1
- Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions 1
- Coalition of National Voluntary Organizations 1
- Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs 1
- Dooley, Thomas A. (Thomas Anthony), 1927-1961 1
- Ford Foundation 1
- Goldstein, Henry 1
- Gurin, Maurice G. 1
- Heim, William G. 1
- Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana 1
- Howard T. Beaver Associates 1
- Independent Sector (Firm) 1
- International Rescue Committee 1
- Knox College (Galesburg, Ill.) 1
- Lundy, George E. 1
- Marts & Lundy 1
- Marts, Arnaud C. 1
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center 1
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund 1
- National 4-H Council (U.S.) 1
- National Rifle Association of America 1
- National Sharecroppers' Fund (U.S.) 1
- National War Fund (U.S.) 1
- Natural Resources Defense Council 1
- North Dakota State University 1
- Oram, Harold L., 1907-1990 1
- Payton, Robert L. 1
- Planned Parenthood-World Population (U.S.) 1
- Purdue University Calumet 1
- Sanger, Margaret, 1879-1966 1
- South Dakota State University 1
- World Fund Raising Council 1 ∧ less