Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview In 1973, the Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs was formed to study the relationships between foundations, the government, and the public. To meet the needs of this study the Commission contracted with several individuals to do research and write papers. Adam Yarmolinsky served as both a researcher/author and a special consultant to the Commission.This collection includes the correspondence and papers of Adam Yarmolinsky related to his service to the Commission on...
Overview ndependent Sector (IS) was founded in 1980 as a coalition of corporate, foundation and voluntary organizations for the purpose of encouraging charitable giving, volunteering and nonprofit activities in the United States. Its mission is to promote, strengthen, and advance the nonprofit and philanthropic community to foster private initiative for the public good. By 2004, the organization maintained a membership of approximately 500 of the nation's leading nonprofit agencies and funders of...
Overview After several years of efforts on the part of its founders, the Indiana Chapter of the Special Libraries Association was created in 1941 to address the needs of special libraries in the state, recruit new professionals to the field, establish standards and provide a venue for professional discussion and cooperation, and host programs and annual meetings for library professionals. This collection houses the records of the organization from its earliest beginnings in 1936, through its founding...
Found in: General Collections
Overview Malcolm Richardson's records contain the planning documents and proceedings from the White House Conference on Philanthropy, as well as materials from the President's Council on the Arts and Humanities, the White House Millennium Council, and the 3rd annual Expanding Philanthropy through the Internet conference.
- Subject: Nonprofit organizations -- United States X
- Philanthropic Studies Archives 3
- General Collections 1
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation 1
- Clinton, Bill, 1946- 1
- Clinton, Hillary Rodham 1
- Coalition of National Voluntary Organizations 1
- Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs 1
- Filer, John H. 1
- Gardner, John W., (John William), 1912-2002 1
- Independent Sector (Firm) 1
- National Council on Philanthropy 1
- National Endowment for the Humanities 1
- O'Connell, Brian, 1930-2011 1
- Richardson, Malcolm 1
- Special Libraries Association 1
- Special Libraries Association. Indiana Chapter 1
- Strieby, Irene Macy, 1894-1987 1
- Timberlake, Justin, 1981- 1
- United States. Office of Management and Budget 1
- White House Millennium Council (U.S.) 1
- Yarmolinsky, Adam 1 ∧ less