Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Series I: Minutes of Meetings, 1935-1987. Minutes of the Board of Directors' meetings, Executive Committee meetings, and yearly meetings are included in this series. The minutes contain complete transcripts of the earliest meetings, treasurers' reports, committee reports, and speeches and papers presented by association members.Series II: Giving USA-Annual Reports, 1956-1992. This series contains the annual report entitled Giving USA. The information in the reports include overview...
Overview The Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) was founded in 1971 by David Horton Smith and Bill Ready as the Association for Voluntary Action Scholars (AVAS). Their vision was to create an independent and impartial forum for researchers in the fledgling field of voluntary action and citizen participation. Major activities have included an annual conference and the publication of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly (NVSQ), formerly the Journal of...
Overview The National Society of Fund Raisers was organized in New York City in 1960 to serve as the professional association for fund raisers in America. The organization changed its name to the National Society of Fund Raising Executives (NSFRE) in the mid-1970s, and at about the same time hired its first executive director. In 1993 NSFRE had 15,903 individual members in 131 chapters, and maintained a national office in Alexandria, Virginia. Its name was again changed January 1, 2001, to the...
- Subject: Professional associations -- United States X
- American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel 1
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action 1
- Association of Fundraising Professionals 1
- Association of Voluntary Action Scholars (U.S.) 1
- Atlantic Philanthropies (Organization) 1
- Borkman, Thomasina 1
- David & Lucile Packard Foundation 1
- Ford Foundation 1
- Giving USA Foundation 1
- Independent Sector (Firm) 1
- International Society for Third-Sector Research 1
- Lilly Endowment 1
- National Society of Fund Raising Executives 1
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund 1
- Van Til, Jon 1
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation 1 ∧ less