Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus Records
Scope and Contents
The records include correspondence, reports, planning documents, faculty records, and other materials.
- 1950 - 2001
- Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus (Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Personnel and student records and other personal information in these records are restricted. All other material is open to the public without restriction.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Biographical / Historical
Indiana University and Purdue University began offering extension courses in Columbus in 1941 and 1942 respectively. When IUPUI was created in 1969, university officials agreed that programs in Columbus would be administered by IUPUI. IUPUI Columbus Center was opened in 1970. As the campus expanded, the name changed to IUPUI Columbus, and still later IUPU Columbus. The campus gained its own director in 1976. In 1995 Paul R. Bippen, campus director since 1977, was named as Columbus’ first campus dean.
32.4 Cubic Feet (31 record cartons and 1 document case)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accessions: RG 46, A87-14, A95-6, A94-123, A1998/99-007, A2003/04-019, A2003/04-024, A2004/05-002, A2006/07-027.
Rights Statement: The text of this webpage is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).
- Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus Records, 1950-2001
- Description rules
- Language of description