Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview American City Bureau, a fundraising consulting firm, works with not for profit organizations to design and run fund raising campaigns. Established in 1913 by Edgar and Harold Buttenheim, the company merged with Beaver and Associates in 1963. The firm has worked on capital campaigns on the national and local level. American City Bureau has been instrumental in developing campaigns for organizations such as the Young Men’s Christian Association,(YMCA), the Young Women’s Christian Association,...
Scope and Contents The records of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Indiana Chapter, contain meeting minutes, awards records, financial statements, publications, and a few photographs.The AFP-IN records are divided into the following series: administrative files, board of directors, committee records, financial records, publications, awards, conference/seminar records, meeting records, and photographs and artifacts. Folders within series are organized alphabetically and then...
Overview John J. Schwartz, fund raising executive and author, worked hard to assist in the development of standards and ethics for fund-raising professionals and to influence legislation on the national and state level. During his 41 active years in the field, Schwartz was employed by various philanthropic organizations including John Price Jones, Inc., Fund Raising for Traveler Aid Society of New York, Development for the Community Service Society, G.A. Brakeley & Co., the American Cancer Society,...
Scope and Contents Series I: Staff Conference Records, 1945-1990.This series includes papers or outline sketches given at the firm's conferences, complete transcripts of the proceedings through the 1960s, and statistical information about the firm correlating with trends in the field. Correspondence, memoranda, and newsclippings are included with sample case studies in the material from the 1980s.Series II: Newsletters.The firm's newsletter Financing Philanthropy, was first...
- Subject: Fund raisers (Persons) -- United States -- History X
- American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel 2
- Schwartz, John J., 1919- 2
- American Cancer Society 1
- American City Bureau 1
- Association of Fundraising Professionals 1
- Association of Fundraising Professionals. Indiana Chapter 1
- Beaver and Associates 1
- Beaver, Howard T. 1
- Brakeley, George A. 1
- Brakeley, John Price Jones, Inc. 1
- Buttenheim, Edgar 1
- Buttenheim, Harold S., 1876-1961 1
- Coalition of National Voluntary Organizations 1
- Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs 1
- Ford Foundation 1
- Howard T. Beaver Associates 1
- Independent Sector (Firm) 1
- Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy 1
- Lundy, George E. 1
- MEDICO (Organization) 1
- Marts & Lundy 1
- Marts, Arnaud C. 1
- National Society of Fund Raising Executives 1
- National War Fund (U.S.) 1
- Payton, Robert L. 1
- World Fund Raising Council 1 ∧ less