Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview In 1973, the Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs was formed to study the relationships between foundations, the government, and the public. To meet the needs of this study the Commission contracted with several individuals to do research and write papers. Adam Yarmolinsky served as both a researcher/author and a special consultant to the Commission.This collection includes the correspondence and papers of Adam Yarmolinsky related to his service to the Commission on...
Overview Independent Sector (IS) was founded in 1980 as a coalition of corporate, foundation and voluntary organizations for the purpose of encouraging charitable giving, volunteering and nonprofit activities in the United States. Its mission is to promote, strengthen, and advance the nonprofit and philanthropic community to foster private initiative for the public good. By 2004, the organization maintained a membership of approximately 500 of the nation's leading nonprofit agencies and funders of...
Overview Malcolm Richardson's records contain the planning documents and proceedings from the White House Conference on Philanthropy, as well as materials from the President's Council on the Arts and Humanities, the White House Millennium Council, and the 3rd annual Expanding Philanthropy through the Internet conference.
Overview In 1947 Charles Edward Marsh founded the Public Welfare Foundation to render direct financial assistance to the needy. His purpose, to offer the greatest good to the greatest number of people, symbolized the efforts of the foundation he created. His method of distributing money, called the agent system, dispersed financial assistance to provide for the immediate needs of individuals. As tax laws required more detailed reporting, the foundation began to phase out the agent system and created...
Scope and Contents The Rockit Fund records include primarily board meeting minutes and grant and program files. The collection is organized into five series: Board Meetings, Grant Files, Exploratory Projects, Consultants, and Right to Vote Project files. The Exploratory Projects series includes the research of consultants and referrals from the JEHT Foundation; the Consultants series includes contracts, correspondence, and some project-related research; the Right to Vote Project files include...
- Subject: Charities -- United States X
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation 1
- Clinton, Bill, 1946- 1
- Clinton, Hillary Rodham 1
- Coalition of National Voluntary Organizations 1
- Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs 1
- Crane, Robert 1
- Filer, John H. 1
- Gardner, John W., (John William), 1912-2002 1
- Gray, Sandra T. 1
- Hodgkinson, Virginia Ann 1
- Independent Sector (Firm) 1
- JEHT Foundation 1
- Keating, Veronica 1
- Kressley, Larry 1
- Levy-Church, Kenneth 1
- Madoff, Bernard L. 1
- Marsh, Charles Edward, 1887-1964 1
- Marsh, Claudia Haines 1
- Meléndez, Sara E., 1941- 1
- National Council on Philanthropy 1
- National Endowment for the Humanities 1
- O'Connell, Brian, 1930-2011 1
- Panel on the Nonprofit Sector (U.S.) 1
- Public Welfare Foundation (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Richardson, Malcolm 1
- Rockit Fund 1
- Timberlake, Justin, 1981- 1
- United States. Office of Management and Budget 1
- White House Millennium Council (U.S.) 1
- Yarmolinsky, Adam 1
- YouthBuild 1 ∧ less