Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Altrusa International, Inc. is an international service organization for professional and executive business women with membership on a limited classification basis. The National Association of Altrusa Clubs, founded in 1917 as Altrusa Institute, was the first national organization of business and professional women. In 1935 Altrusa became international and the name was changed to International Association of Altrusa Clubs, Inc. The organization’s name was changed again in June 1947, to Altrusa...
Found in: Philanthropic Studies Archives
Overview Delta Psi Kappa was a “professional fraternity for women in the fields of health, physical education, and recreation”. Founded in 1916 at the Normal College of the American Gymnastic Union, Delta Psi Kappa would eventually spread to a large number of other colleges and universities with programs in the aforementioned fields. Active into the 1990s, the organization remained focused on health and physical education and participated in numerous activities with other organizations who shared their...
Found in: German-American Archives